Los Angeles 2017 Gold Medal
98 rating by Flos Olei 2017
**New Stock Arriving during the Week of 24 April**
It seems that we were destined to meet Michele and Angela Librandi to add their famous olive oil to our store. We had exchanged emails in the past, and certainly we had had requests for their oil from Calabria and we had a most fortunate meeting at Olio Capitale in Trieste.
They are both charming and enthusiastic as they share their family's exquisite organic extra virgin olive oil. What we found most difficult was determining which selections to import. We chose Carolea as a fine representation of the traditions of Calabria and the Nocellara del Belice for the craftsmanship.
Tenute Librandi Pasquale is located in Vaccarizzo Albanese in Cosenza, Calabria. With 27,000 trees and a mill on the property, they are able to mill within four hours of picking.
Nocellara del Belice, most often a Sicilian cultivar, yields oil that is green with golden yellow hues. The aroma is strong and rotund. You’ll note rich fruity notes of ripe tomato, banana, and white apple, with hints of basil, sabe, and mint. Complex and vegetal; some note celery, lettuce, and broad beans, finishing with characteristic bitterness and pungency. Certified Organic.
Excellent with tomato bruschetta, swordfish, lentil soups, pasta with meat sauce, game, and aged cheese.
Certified Organic. Named Best in the World from Organic Farming, Flos Olei 2015.
•Flos Olei 2017 (98/100)
•Flos Olei 2016 (98/100)
Sol D'Oro Northern Hemisphere International Competition 2016: Special Mentions in Organic Olive Oil Category
•Flos Olei 2015 Guide: Best Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Organic Farming – Best absolute score in the guide (98/100);
• Gambero Rosso Guide Oli D’Italia 2015: Special Award for the Best Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil + Three leaves;
• L’Oro d’Italia 2015 National Award: Second prize Cat. Intense Fruity -Monocultivar + Special Award Nocellara del Belice -Praise of Excellence;
• Ercole Olivario 2015 Award: Finalist with inclusion in Ercole Olivario Premium List for EXPO 2015;
• Sol d’Oro 2015 International Competition: Great Mention for the Best Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil;
• L’Oro del Mediterraneo 2015 International Competition: First Prize Cat. Intense Fruity – Monocultivar;
• BIOL Calabria 2015: First Prize;
• BIOL 2015 International Prize: Extra Gold Medal;
• L’Orciolo d’Oro 2015: Third Prize Medium Fruity – Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oils;
• National Review Oli Monovarietali: Recognition of excellence – Nocellara del Belice.
Excellent with salads, pasta, and fish.